Popular interest in Clojure has rapidly increased over the last few years since 2008, almost to the level of Java (the language) today, which has dropped off significantly. (At least according to Google web trends.)
In contrast, popular interest in Common Lisp seems to have dropped off steadily since 2004.
I used “java language” instead of “java” because it is ambiguous enough to mean the language, framework, JVM, the island or the coffee.
So I’ve switched this blog to WP for now. There are still some formatting issues here and there so please be patient while they are fixed.
Comments have been enabled for all posts retroactively.
Let’s see how this goes …
The site content has finally been moved into the new system. It’s all in Common Lisp now. It took longer than expected(not for any technical reasons) but mostly because the content had to be exported from the old Typo(Ruby/Rails) and then scrubbed a bit.
All lots of fun though doing this end to end in CL.
The whole thing(including export/clean, templating & publishing) came in under 400 lines of Lisp code. Being able to retrieve all legacy data from the old SQL database as S-Exps made this so much faster too.
Next, will be implementing search using FTI.